Celebrating Social Purpose Business Pioneers during the first-ever Purpose in Business Week in Canada, November 15 – 19, 2021
Nov 16, 2021
The Social Purpose Institute at United Way is pleased to recognize the visionary leadership of these social purpose businesses who have defined their social purpose – their reason for being – and are bringing it to life in their business and beyond. We are doing so during the inaugural Purpose in Business Week, November 15 – 19, 2021.
These businesses are paving the path to purpose in Canada. They have or are developing a social purpose, here is a sampling:
We exist to:
- accelerate responsible mobility
- safeguard the health of the world’s forests
- empower democracy, liberty, and community through freedom of expression
- foster a world where nothing is waste
- transform buildings into communities
- unlock the societal and economic value of business in transition
- unite working people to build a just world
- strengthen civil society through knowledge
As you can see, some purposes are social, some are environmental, some are economic, but all are transformational and once unleashed will change the course of society. We know from our experience that these businesses, large and small, aspire to mobilize their workforce, their customers, their suppliers – and even their entire industry – to become a force for good.
It is for these reasons and more that we celebrate the following businesses who are redefining the role of business in society:
You can show your support for these businesses and invite others to join the growing social purpose in business movement, by sharing this shout-out with your networks and tagging #purposeinbusinessweek.
Momentum is building on this historical opportunity to reimagine the purpose of business. Thank you to these visionary leaders for lighting the way.