Administrative Support (level 2)
Is this you?
Are you passionate about supporting businesses to do more good? Helping companies to contribute their best to society? Are you eager to explore innovative ways of increasing social good? Are you excited by the challenge of keeping things organized and running smoothly even as demands change moment to moment in an exciting non-profit start-up? Do people ever describe you as the calm in a storm?
The Social Purpose Institute is looking for a skilled administrative professional, who is confident in taking initiative and optimizing our team’s performance.
What is a Social Purpose Business?
A Social Purpose business is one whose enduring reason for being is to create a better world. It is an engine for good, creating societal benefits by the very act of conducting business. Its growth is a positive force in society.
About the Social Purpose Institute
The Social Purpose Institute at United Way (SPI) exists to grow business for good. We are building a movement of social purpose businesses in Canada and offer programs to help companies incubate, accelerate and scale Social Purpose to drive both business growth and the company’s impact for social good
We are currently a small, but driven team (with a big Vision and many dreams) and we need someone to support our continued growth and impact. The Administrative Support is a crucial role that enables the whole team to accomplish great things and we highly value it!
We are looking for a teammate who shares our core values:
• Passionate Collaboration: We draw upon the strength of people and business working together. We insist on authenticity and value reciprocity
• Greater Good: We are performance-driven through the lens of humanity, demonstrating empathy and humility in all we do
• Courageous Innovation: We are bold and curious risk-takers experimenting fast to learn sooner, willing to get uncomfortable to unearth solutions.
About the Role
You will be working in a fast paced (but fun!) environment and juggling many balls in the air at one time. You will be responsible for:
• Keeping our numerous events and educational programs on track
• Administrative communications with cohort members and other stakeholders and partners
• Helping to prepare documents and slide presentations
• Handling logistics for virtual and in person events and conferences
• Scheduling social media and public communications
• Organizing articles and research on Social Purpose
• Overall program administration, file management, etc.
• and generally keeping our team humming along!
We are looking for a teammate who is a career administrator who understands the importance of the admin role and who is uniquely skilled to contribute in that way. We are looking for a teammate who has hustle and a great attitude.
• You are a skilled and resourceful administrator, able to work independently
• You are confident and enthusiastic and a great communicator both in person, email, and via online media
• You confirm everything
• You value assertiveness and clarity
• You are incredibly organized and have a great attention to detail
• You find satisfaction in helping others excel and succeed in their roles and work
• You are a team player
• You have a passion and commitment for growing the good in business and society
• Adept at project management and using scheduling software such as MS Planner or others
• Familiar with communications software such as MailChimp, Eventbrite, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
• Familiar with social media platforms: Linked In, Instagram, Hootsuite
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Graphic design/page layout skills
• Bonus: You know or are not afraid to learn WordPress and Salesforce CRM.
This job will give you the opportunity to dive into many evolving ideas and programs and you will be an integral part of the team. In this role, we can promise you will learn and grow and make an incredible contribution to creating thriving communities and a better world. Join us if you are up for this exhilarating challenge!
Click the button below to apply.
Help us grow the movement of Purpose in Business
Our Purpose is to grow business for good. And we would love for you to join our small but mighty team.
We are advocates of Social Purpose. Our programs, workshops and services have been designed to help business leaders, like you, identify and leverage your organization’s core social purpose to create positive change in your community while building new value for your employees, customers, partners, suppliers and shareholders – all with a view to strengthening your business.
We draw on the strength of people and business working together. We insist on authenticity and value reciprocity.
We are performance-driven through the lens of humanity, demonstrating empathy and humility in all we do.
We are bold and curious risk-takers experimenting fast to learn sooner, willing to get uncomfortable to unearth solutions.